Welcome all readers and writers to my blog. I encourage you to post your comments and hope that you enjoy the site.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Getting Ready for Summer.....

Summer times are usually the most laid back time of the year. The kids are out of school, there are no after school activities, Little League, Gymnastics, or Ballet, etc., etc...... While all of this is true for most, for my family summer time is the busiest time of the year. Owning an Air Conditioning company, our family has had to make concessions for the fact that we cannot plan vacations in the summer time, we cannot make weekend plans that will bring us too far away from home, and we never know when our work day will end. That being said, we have also learned to take advantage of every minute that we get to spend relaxing, because we never know when the next heat wave will keep us busy again. This past weekend was one of those times. My parents came down from Denver and we got to spend the time with them hanging out at the house by the pool and grilling burgers and playing board games. No pressure, no running crazy, no time limits..... what a wonderful weekend! I even took an afternoon nap, which is something I never get time to do! I have started my Monday inspired! I am going to use this summer to the best of my ability. I am setting a goal for myself to have my manuscript complete before the end of summer. I have eleven weeks until the kids go back to school. That should be plenty of time if I am diligent about writing two chapters each week. I vow to put all the other stories floating around in my head aside for the next eleven weeks and try to make some magic happen with the sequel to Footprints in the Sand. So, readers, check back with me as I give you status updates on how I am coming along and what is happening in Dawn and Kyle's story! I promise to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment