Welcome all readers and writers to my blog. I encourage you to post your comments and hope that you enjoy the site.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jersey Sweets...a book review


Jersey Sweets

by Janice Hanna

Book Teaser:

Walk the Garden State with three sisters from a candy making family. Taffie is determined to save the candy store along the boardwalk, but will Ryan Antonelli be equiped to help her? Candi's dream job as a pilot has led to a romance with fellow pilot, Darren Furst, but will union turbulence break them apart? Tangie's Broadway dreams are on hold while she works with Gregg Burke in a church drama, but when a stage part becomes available, will she leave the stodgy music director behind? Watch as answered prayers lead these sisters to sweet love.


Review:

I loved this three part book. Each sister has their own story which is nice because the reader gets to see one romance unfold before moving on to another! The first story is of Taffie and Ryan. The second is of Candy and Darren and the last is of Tangie and Gregg. Let me just start by saying that I love the sister's names....my first thought was, how is Janice Hanna gonna pull off this name thing, but she certainly does!!


Taffie's Story begins in the candy store her family has owned for generations on the Atlantic City Boardwalk. The discription of the store is like something out of Willy Wonka. All that I could think about when reading it is how bad I wanted a sure enough piece of fresh salt water taffy! The story sucked me right in and I couldn't put it down. I was able to identify with the family owned business and the troubles that Ryan and Taffie were facing so this was a great story for me.


Then we read about Candi and Darren. They automatically win your heart with their high flying romance. You can tell right off that they are perfect for each other. Theirs is a true story of faith, even with a minor tragedy in the middle of the story, which just makes them appreciate each other even more. I really had a hard time putting this one down too. It was a great love story.


Tangie's story had me from the first page. She is so spunky and straight forward that I loved her right away. Being the youngest she had a hard time finding her way and deciding what she was called to do in life, all the way to the end of the story, but she figures it out!! Following Tangie and Gregg as they direct the Easter play was fun for me, having kids about those ages I can identify with the trials that they were going through to get it all done in time. I liked the way this story ended and was glad to learn more about what happened to Taffie and Candi along the way.


I loved the messages of faith and love in these stories. They are a true testement to God's unconditional love and grace and I felt it as I read about these three amazing women.


Just one Gripe:

I really don't have one, except maybe, a free bag of Taffy with the purchase of the book would be nice!! Just Joking, but really, go ahead and get some, you are gonna want it!


The best thing about this book:

That all three sisters stories are in the same book. They are each great stories by themselves, but together..... perfect!


Is it appropriote for Young Audiences?

Absolutely, I'd recommend it to any age group.



1 comment: